Where Do I Start? What Do I Need to Apply for Disability Benefits?
If you hire a Social Security Disability attorney at Terry Katz & Associates, he or she will guide you through the process of applying for benefits.
Before you apply, you will need to gather information and documents. If you don’t have everything available right now, you can go ahead and start the application process anyway and provide the missing information or documents later. We are here to help you every step of the way, contact Terry Katz & Associates today at 888-488-7459.
You will need the following information —
- Your Social Security number
- Names, contact information (addresses and phone numbers) and treatment dates for your medical providers, including doctors, hospitals, clinics, and caseworkers.
- A list of all the medications you are taking, and their dosages.
- Where you worked and what kind of work you did.
You will need these documents —
- Birth or baptismal certificate.
- Medical records that you already have from all your medical providers.
- Lab and other test results.
- Your most recent W-2 Form or, if you are self-employed, your federal tax return for the past year.